Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Westwood Acres Liberty Subscription





At the end of last year I joined Westwood Fabrics liberty tana lawn bundle of the month club.  They charge your credit card monthly and ship you a bundle of 10 fat sixteenth/eighth/quarters.  It was $26.30 a month with shipping for the 1/16ths, which was as much as I was willing to spend on such a luxury indulgence with the inclusion of randomness mixed in.

You see, I bought two yards of Liberty three years ago when fabric.com had it on sale for $32 a yard *gulp* finding the whole notion romantic and all.  I put in in the wash and the medium blue ran and redeposited on the fabric in light blotches.

It sits in my garment stash unused until I can find the right pattern, so you can understand why I have mixed feelings on Liberty, and consider going into therapy anytime I wade through my garment fabric stash and see it :o



Christmas Liberty
My sister in law, who as far as I knew, had no idea I'm a bit of a Liberty junkie, sent me a little bundle of it she found somewhere (for the life of me I cant find this shop online) for a Christmas present so it was like..a sign from above that I made the right choice to sign up. Or I'll take any excuse I can to do what I feel like doing.

I hadn't seen reviews for this fabric club last time I searched, so I thought I'd throw up some pictures of what I've received in case anybody is wondering what some of the adorable shipments going out in it look like.




Pros - I have a lovely little stash of Liberty,  and I really like some of the prints.  They lend themselves well to paper piecing and little projects.  I get to act like I know what's up in the world.

Cons - different colors of the same print are sent on different months, so if you dont like something, you can pretty much assume you are going to have multiple colors of a print that you don't like.  Also, there was one of randomly sized zoo animals and  I'm not really sure what to do with that. ;) 
I also spent a lot of money and yardage wise, I still only have 1/3 of a small shoebox filled with it.

Verdict: if you have the money and you don't need to love every print of a club, this is fun.  I cancelled it a couple of months ago because I couldn't justify the expense any more, but I think it's a great way to try out the options if you're in the US.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment